Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Currently Obsessed

For those of you that don't know me I have a passionate and borderline unhealthy obsession with anything Jane Austen. For those of you that do know me are nodding their heads laughing. But anyway I was at one point (somewhat still) one of those "don't mess with the classics" book extremist. So when they started re-writing the Jane Austen books with a syfy twist I was appalled. So much so that I refused to even look at them... but one lowly evening at Barnes&Noble I was debating which additional copy of Ms.Austen's books to add to my already full collection (no seriously I have back-ups for my back ups...I call it insurance) I came a across a title that read "Emma and the Vampires". As I was about the scoff and roll my eyes I figured what the hell I'll see what the fuss is about so I read the first chapter...I found myself laughing out loud at the ridiculous yet clever adaptations of one of my favorite novels. The fact the Mr. Knightly is a vampire and that Emma has a stake tied to her leg "with a fashionable pink ribbon" made it all the more absurd. So I bought it. I love that the book has the craziest plot but maintains that Austen charm I adore I couldn't pass it up. However I can't bring myself to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. {Spoiler Alert: Lady De Bourgh has fighing ninjas?} I just can't.


Anyway I will definitely let you know how it goes, its an entertaining read thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment